Getting Your Subaru Ready for Hurricane Season: Tips from Baldwin Subaru in Covington
As hurricane season ramps up, it's crucial to ensure that you and your vehicle are prepared for any potential challenges that may arise. For Subaru owners, the brand's reputation for reliability and all-weather capabilities can be a true asset during such times. Baldwin Subaru in Covington understands the importance of keeping your Subaru in top shape for hurricane season. In this blog, we'll explore essential tips to help you prepare your Subaru and yourself for hurricane season.
1. Maintain Regular Maintenance: Regular vehicle maintenance is the foundation of preparing for any season, especially hurricane season.
Before the season hits, schedule a complimentary Multipoint Inspection at Baldwin Subaru. This will include an inspection of the engine,
brakes, tires, fluid levels, and all vital systems. Ensuring that your Subaru is in optimal condition will increase its ability to handle adverse
2. Check Tires and Brakes: Proper tires and brakes are crucial for maintaining control on wet and slippery roads. Baldwin Subaru's
certified technicians can check your tire tread depth, tire pressure, and brake pads to make sure they are within safe limits. You might also consider switching to all-weather tires, which offer better traction during wet and slippery conditions.
3. Test All-Weather Features: Subarus are known for their all-wheel-drive (AWD) systems, which provide enhanced traction and stability. Before hurricane season, have your AWD system inspected and serviced if needed. Also, test other safety features like ABS, traction control, and stability control to ensure they are functioning properly.
4. Inspect Wipers and Lights: Visibility is key when driving in inclement weather. Ensure your windshield wipers are in good condition and replace them if needed. Our technicians can also check your headlights, taillights, and turn signals to make sure they're working correctly. Proper lighting is essential for both your safety and the safety of others on the road.
5. Check Fluid Levels: Maintaining appropriate fluid levels is crucial for your Subaru's performance during hurricane season. Make sure your coolant, oil, and windshield washer fluid are topped up. Special attention should be given to the windshield washer fluid since it's essential for clearing debris and maintaining visibility.
6. Emergency Kit Preparation: Create an emergency kit for both yourself and your Subaru. The kit for your vehicle could include items like a spare tire, jack, jumper cables, flashlight, and basic tools. For yourself, consider packing non-perishable snacks, water, a first-aid kit, blankets, and a charged power bank for your devices. For your convenience, our Baldwin Subaru Parts Department sells weather preparedness kits.
7. Stay Informed: Before and during a hurricane, stay informed about the weather conditions and any road closures. Sign up for weather alerts and keep a close eye on local news updates. Having access to real-time information can help you plan your travel routes and make informed decisions.
8. Plan Ahead: If a hurricane is forecasted for your area, consider avoiding unnecessary travel. If you must drive, plan your route carefully, and share it with someone so they know your whereabouts. Avoid flooded roads and areas prone to landslides.
Preparing your Subaru for hurricane season involves a combination of regular maintenance, safety checks, and proactive planning. Baldwin Subaru in Covington is dedicated to helping you get your Subaru ready for any weather challenge. By following these tips and relying on the expertise of professionals, you can ensure that you and your Subaru are well-equipped to handle whatever hurricane season may bring. Stay safe and be prepared! To schedule your next maintenance appointment click here or, contact Baldwin Subaru at 1730 N Hwy 190 Covington, LA 70433.